วันเสาร์ที่ 6 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2559

Learning Log 4

Date: 25/07/2016

This week, I learned about Corpus Linguistics by Dr. Kriangkrai Vathanalaoha. Corpus was a collection of words and it was a theory and methadology of language. I knew that corpus was created since 19th - early 20th century.  I knew the types of corpera. There were seven types.  
1. Special Corpus
2. General Corpus British English.
3. Mutilingual Corpus
4. Parallel Corpus
5. Learner Corpus
6. Historical or Diachronic Corpus
7. Monitor Corpus 
Besides, I knew processes in Corpus Linguistics. For example Frequencies,it means how many words in focus are there in the Corpus. Concordances, how does the word appear in contest. Collocation, the kind of words usually appear with "wash". I also learned the studying of Corpus Linguistics from BNC web. I could to use corpus by searching some word and phrase such as broad daylight or swanning aroun. Finally, I think the corpus is a good for teachers or students because they could use to collect the information to apply  studying or teaching.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

Computer Application in English Language Teaching Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Homestay Bukit Gambang

Blogger Templates